Thursday, January 31, 2008

Actual Play: Awesome Tokens

This past weekend we played RBH. It was my first opportunity to play the thing since we chatted about rules changes in the coffee shop near Andy's place.

It turns out that the Awesome Token modification proposed by Mark is terrific. It not only provides exactly the kind of narration I was hoping to evoke from the players, but it also has some wonderful emergent properties. I don't even know how to describe them. I kinda felt them. I could just sense this vibe that the tokens were leading us places that I didn't even imagine when I wrote the old spotlight token version. It was a very groovy feeling.

Thanks Mark.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww~!

Now I challenge you to give them a more evocative name.

Ry St said...

What was this change?

Unknown said...

Ryan,

The old mechanism isn't worth mentioning. It was poo.

Ry St said...

May i suggest the name "Conviction"? That's what I call them.

Ry St said...

Oh, and the reason for the first post was that I thought there had been a change since the 2nd ed of the rules. I guess the newly implemented tokens are the same as what's in the second ed of the rules.

Oh, a more fun name is "Sauce" Like, awesome sauce.

thekelvingreen said...

"Awesome Tokens" is, well, awesome. I wouldn't change it for the world.